Alec Fitzgerald Hall is the Federal Defender, appointed by the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Office of the Federal Defender for the Middle District of Florida has offices located in Fort Myers, Jacksonville, Ocala, Orlando, and Tampa.
Providing superior legal representation to all individuals charged with various criminal law violations regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or class.
To establish an office of strong advocating attorneys and support staff that provide the best quality and superior representation to those accused of criminal law violations.
“A Full Service Criminal Litigation Law Firm Specializing in Vertical Criminal Representation”
We, the staff at the Federal Defender’s Office, hold the following core values:
- We believe that every person charged with a criminal offense is innocent until the Government can prove, in court, his guilt. And once guilt has been proven, we believe the person should be sentenced fairly.
- We legitimize the legal system---innocent people should not be punished.
- We are attorneys who advocate and work for those who cannot afford to hire their own attorney.
- We believe in aggressive, zealous, and professional representation and, in doing so, we will leave “no stone unturned” in representing our clients.
- We ensure that every client has his day in court whether by motion, trial, guilty plea, and/or appeal.
- We listen to and we are responsive to our clients.
- We celebrate and promote diversity in executing our job.
- We embrace a culture of excellence in our office and in the representation of our clients.
- We are passionate and fearless in the representation of our clients both inside and outside of the courtroom.
- We are not afraid of any challenge.
- We are innovative, dynamic, and creative in our legal strategies and in our representation.
- We are the best attorneys one can find on the open market!